"Queen Of Hearts" Rose
Roses are one the most loved flowers of all time. There are over 100 beautiful and unique species available today. Can you believe that the tiniest Rose Bud is the size of a rice grain? It is also the ultimate symbol of love and I'm happy to be able to share some love with you 🌹
- Scheepjes (Maxi Sugar Rush) You can also use any size 10 crochet thread.
- Forest Green (or grass green)
- 18 and 24 gauge wires
- 1.25 crochet needle
- Glue/ Glue gun
- Allene's Draping Liquid (Mix with water) This is optional.
Rose Fun Facts
- There are actually no black roses. What appears to be black to our eyes is actually a really dark crimson red color.
- The tallest ever recorded rose bush stands at over 23 feet (7 meters) tall.
- There are over 100 species of the Rose.
- The oldest known living rose is 1,205 years old. The ‘Rose of Hildesheim’ ,Rosa Canina, is located in Hildesheim, Germany.
- The buds of the tiniest roses are the size of a grain of rice.
- The rose is one among the only three flowers mentioned in the Bible along with lilies and camphire.
- The rose is the ultimate symbol of love.
- The rose was designated the official NATIONAL FLOWER of the United States in 1986. It is also the state flower of New York, Oklahoma, Georgia, Iowa, North Dakota, and the District of Columbia
- Rose fossils of Rosa hilliae can be found in the Oligocene Florissant beds here in Colorado