Crochet Monstera Adansonii Swiss Cheese Plant
There's so many beautiful plants and flowers in our world... so many more I want to crochet. But this Monstera Adansonii Swiss Cheese Plant is definitely one of my favorite crochet plants I've designed!
- Scheepjes (Maxi Sugar Rush) or Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread . You can also use any size 10 crochet thread.
- Forest Green
-24 gauge wires
- 1.25 mm crochet needle
- Allene's Draping Liquid (Mix with water)
Hope you enjoy creating this rare beauty!
Monstera Fun Facts
- Monsteras actually has a fruit just like any other plant and it is known to be delicious!
- Holes develop as the plant ages.
- The holes in the Monstera is actually there for a very special reason. These holes, especially in the large Monstera leaves are better suited to withstand heavy rainfall and wind as they let water and sunlight pass through the holes.
- Monsterra were first discoverd in 1693.
- Monsterra Adonsonii goes by these common names: Swiss cheese plant, Adanson’s monstera, or five holes plant.
- Can grow as tall as 60 feet
- Grows purple and cream flowers, but doesn’t flower often.
- There are 41 species within the Monstera genus.
- Monsterra Adansonii has said to be moderately toxic to cats and dogs because of its insoluble calcium oxalates. It can cause swelling, vomiting, or burning in pets.